Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Full of Art

One of my faves.

This past soggy Saturday afternoon I checked out the North River Arts Society's Festival of the Arts exhibit before they took it down. Incredible work - I was honored to be a part of the show. On Saturday night my husband and I took a jaunt up to the Patron's Preview of the Danforth Museum's Community of Artist's exhibit. Lots of art to look at. My scratchboard drawing was directly beside what I considered to be one of the most beautiful pieces in the show. The small photo here doesn't do it justice other than to display its appeal. The real awe is when you discover that this beautiful image is created entirely from cut paper. The show is definitely worth a visit and is up until August 3. Or you can view the entire show in catalog form by clicking here. Only trouble is you don't get to experience the impact of the surprisingly varying dimensions of some of the pieces as you would in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment