Monday, July 25, 2011

Introducing...

Now let's hear from another one of the wonderful artisans you'll see featured at HomeGrown Arts and Crafts. Laurie creates new looks for old favorites by combining her talent and spectacular painting techniques in creating one of a kind heirloom pieces.

As long as I can remember, I’ve had a fascination for transforming what is ordinary into something beautiful. The feeling of giving life to something that might otherwise be overlooked has always appealed to me as an artist. It is that dynamic balance of preservation and creativity that drives my passion and exactly the reason why I have chosen furniture as my canvas. For many reasons, furniture has a way of growing tired in people’s eyes, losing the attention it once had. We all own at least one piece that seems to continually get moved around the house or end up hidden under the basement steps. To me, a warn out or forgotten bureau or bed chest are truly jewels of inspiration. These pieces enable me to evoke a sense of happiness and delicate beauty, while also bringing back the furniture’s usefulness and dignity, transforming them into inspired one-of-a-kind designs deserving to be showcased and adored for generations.
My name is Laurie Tonelli. I have been a resident of Grafton, Massachusetts for many years. I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts from Clark University and the Worcester Art Museum. My Education focus is in Oil Painting, Graphic Design, and Art History.

No comments:

Post a Comment