Monday, October 1, 2012

Not Many Fabulous Females over Forty?

What's up with that Boston Globe Special Style Edition? The Fall 2012 Boston Globe Style Magazine came out several weeks ago. I was quick to notice that while they highlighted the 25 most stylish Bostonians only one woman over the age of 40 made the list. The one woman who made the list is Anne Hawley – the Director of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum – and she lists her age as "I can't tell you that." Two gentleman over 40 made the list. One is Duncan Hughes of Duncan Hughes Interior – who, using my best judging a book by its cover skills, looks like a hot ticket as well as a fashion horse. The other is David Manfredi, a founding principal of Elkus Manfredi Architects. I'm not knocking the younger set and all its fashion prowess. We're a very hip happening city and a big draw because of all of our great universities and hospitals. But amongst all those skinny jeans and hipsters there's quite a few fashion forward females long past 40 and possibly even 50! Boston needs its own Iris Apfel - maybe I'll start training now and in a few years I'll apply for the job. In the meantime I think I'll send Anne Hawley one of Boston Baked Beads signature owls as a hearty congratulations for keeping us on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment