Thursday, November 29, 2012

midnight oil

I was burning the midnight oil last night making some brand new embossed paper prints. I love the process. From my own artwork I create the "plate" from polymer clay - the same material I use to make Boston Baked Beads. I soak a very heavy copperplate paper in water for about an hour, blot and then hand crank through a press. The plate makes an impression into the damp paper and voila! The art will (hopefully) have dried over night so that I can matte some and frame some. They'll be ready for tonight's soiree. 10"x10" shadow box framed images are $50 each and 11"x14" matted prints ready for standard size frames are $30 each. They really do make beautiful unique gifts. If you're in the area please stop in at 285 St. George Street in Duxbury between 6 and 9 pm. I'll give you 10% of on all purchases and paid orders. Please pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment