Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

A shift is happening at HomeGrown - a transition from a retail based environment with a small in house studio to a larger working studio with a small retail space. My goal when I opened this gallery boutique was to offer consumers an awesome selection of art and handcrafted items by local artists, to provide an environment to artists to sell their wares under the umbrella of HomeGrown and while I ran the shop I would utilize the studio space to further my own pursuits in fine art and in my other business. What I didn't realize would happen is that as the shop demanded more time my own production and creativity level would suffer. By my own design, over the next month the shop will slowy empty of some of the beautiful items created by Betsey Borden, Margaret Curran, Linda Mackey, Marianne Buckley Curran, Mary Sheehan Winn, and Laurie Tonelli as the transition takes place. I've really enjoyed working with all of these talented ladies and have had a lot of fun trying to get HomeGrown off the ground with them. But for the next few months I'l be on my own and am excited to get back to a few projects I've put on hold.






























4 comments:

  1. I agree. I think it is so hard to maintain one's creativity while managing too many other things. Take time for your own work. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you created such a beautiful gallery and shop and your enthusiasm is second to none in representing your artists. I feel fortunate to have been a part of Homegrown and I'm sure there is more in your future, both as an artist (your work is of the highest quality) and as a business woman.
    You have the 'chops' for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary - I was lucky to have such incredible artists to work with - easy to represent! No regrets - loved every minute of it and I've learned so much. Who knows maybe someday in a busier location ...and maybe a little bit better economy - I'll try it again! In the meantime I'll always refer people to all of you - wonderful work!

      Delete