Wednesday, July 13, 2011

3 Weeks from Today

Well, I guess before we go any further I might as well tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Lisa Mackin and I'm the "brains" behind HomeGrown Arts and Crafts. As a former graphic designer/illustrator and marcomm manager, I decided to combine my technical skills along with my passion for art and crafts to open a gallery to help showcase and promote my own work as well as other artists working hard at their craft. This beautiful space opened in Duxbury and I took action. I am both a contemporary craftsperson and a fine artist. 
Boston Baked Beads, specializing in artisan jewelry and accessories designed and handcrafted in polymer and precious metal clays, is a business I've been developing for about 2 and a half years. I've sold online from my own site, on Etsy, at home shows and in shops, as well as juried craft shows such as the Duxbury Art Association's Annual Craft Showcase,  the Artist's Group of Charlestown's  Art in the Park event and the Art on the Green at the Pinehills in Plymouth. I'm looking forward to being a juried craftsperson this August at the Newport Arts Festival. Pumped full of color and vivid patterns, I thoroughly enjoy creating jewelry and accessories from polymer clay and look forward to teaching classes at the studio in the gallery. 

On the other end of the color spectrum, I am a scratchboard artist. Scratchboard is a drawing that is created by scratching away the black inked surface of a board undercoated with clay. The end result looks similar to an engraving. I've exhibited in the Duxbury Art Association's Winter Juried show, the North River Arts Festival and am currently in the Community of Artist's exhibit at the Danforth Museum in Framingham. 

I believe in following your dreams and having fun while you do it. Enough about me - I want to hear more about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment